Prepping my Icarus 653
Just so I have documented it somewhere, here's how my I've setup my Icarus 653 (open Android based E-Ink based Ebook Reader).
I manage my Ebooks with Calibre, so this is mostly about enjoying the "freedom" of the device not to use the builtin software for ebook reading.
- Reset the device to get a clean slate.
- Select Language.
- Add the WLAN settings and connect.
- Browse to Amazon Apps download page, install the Amazon Appstore app, that gives access to the Kindle app and other stuff.
- Browse to f-droid to get their app downloader.
- Install the Ebookreader (that's FBReader from fbreader.org in my case)
- Install Calibre Compagnon via Amazon Appstore.