Friday, October 24, 2014

Prepping my Icarus 653

Just so I have documented it somewhere, here's how my I've setup my Icarus 653 (open Android based E-Ink based Ebook Reader).

I manage my Ebooks with Calibre, so this is mostly about enjoying the "freedom" of the device not to use the builtin software for ebook reading.

  • Reset the device to get a clean slate.
  • Select Language.
  • Add the WLAN settings and connect.
  • Browse to Amazon Apps download page, install the Amazon Appstore app, that gives access to the Kindle app and other stuff.
  • Browse to f-droid to get their app downloader.
  • Install the Ebookreader (that's FBReader from fbreader.org in my case)
  • Install Calibre Compagnon via Amazon Appstore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home